Spellbreak – A Guide To Choosing Your Class
Spellbreak is a fresh new battle royale for all you tired Fortnite players. This time rather than guns and weapons you’ve got magic and spells. Now as with most battle royale games it can be a little slow to start with, so having as much information as you can beforehand is going to give you a leg up. There’s a bunch of things to learn but in this article, we’re going to dive into Spellbreak’s class system.
Deciding on your Spellbreak class really boils down to what you want one of your Gauntlets to be. The character class that guarantees your preferred Gauntlet is a good choice, since it makes it pretty simple to always have the weapon your most proficient with accessible. On top of that, you get abilities that power up that specific Gauntlet. We’re going to keep it simple with everything you need to know about each of the classes, their abilities, and what they do.
Frostborn comes with the Frost Gauntlet and can be a little tricky to master. The abilities you get here help you to make more precise and damaging shots with the Ice Lance but also adds some immunity and other effects. You can begin to use ice trails as a mobility option once upgraded.
– Frozen Alacrity (Starter) – Your ice lance attack leave an ice trail. You also move 150% faster on Ice trails.
– Icicle (Lvl 2) – Hover in mid-air for 5 seconds while you’re aiming your Ice lance, and you get outlines of targets while aiming.
– Tundra (Lvl 3) – You’re immune to damage while casting Flash Freeze. Doing so also removes corrosion and any slowing effect. Your flash freeze lasts twice as long as previously.
– Ice Prism (Lvl 4) – This level adds an overcharge for half a second onto the Ice lance that gives an extra 35% damage.
The Frostborn class locks you out of ice trails until level 2, which is kind of a hassle. However, if you’re trying to use the sharpshooter ice attacks then you really can’t do without these abilities. The Ice Lance is designed around access to these, so it isn’t as much use as a secondary Gauntlet.
Pyromancer comes with the Fire Gauntlet. This one really boosts your damage, but it has a specific utility beyond that. It is helpful for you to control areas and box in or out other players.
– Combust (Starter) – Fireballs will ignite targets for 2 seconds when they hit. Their explosion radius also increases by 200%.
– Firefly (Lvl 2) – You become immune to your own flamewalls, and those of your squad. When you enter a friendly flamewall you take flight for 2 seconds.
– Pyrolysis (Lvl 3) – Your flamewall does double damage for 2 seconds.
– Conflagration (Lvl 4) – When your fireballs hit, they break into 4 smaller fireballs. Each of these deals 5 or 10 damage depending on how far they travel.
These classes make your Fire Gauntlet more effective. However, the zoning capabilities when you have immunity to flamewalls are pretty big. This is a good way to box other players in or out, so the flight that comes with entering your own lets you take down other players while zoning them out. Pyromancer is a simpler class to use, but you can do some good things with a coordinated team.
Conduit comes with a Lightning Gauntlet. This one is a little simpler to use and provides some decent utility.
– Potential Energy (Starter) – Your lightning bolt does an extra point on damage each time you cast it in a row, this can stack up to 5.
– Overload (Lvl 2) – Your lightning strike now adds one charge to your rune. This doesn’t work more than once, but it’s a cool cooldown skip device.
– Power Surge (Lvl 3) – Lightning strikes now have their mana cast removed.
– Secondary Strike (Lvl 4) – You can now fire off strikes at intervals of only 0.6 seconds.
The end result of all of these abilities is allowing you to fire off lightning-quick, without pausing, and with a rune charge for a quick escape if you need one. At the end of the game, you’re left with a powerful Lightning gauntlet for fast flurry attacks, with a free panic button in your Rune to escape. This one can be a lot of fun, although it isn’t as useful in early rounds as some of the others.