Brimstone’s orbital arsenal ensures his squad always has the advantage. His ability to deliver utility precisely and safely make him the unmatched boots-on-the-ground commander.
- Incindiary – Throw an incendiary grenade that coats an area in flames.
- Stim Beacon – Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it Rapidfire.
- Signature Ability: Sky Smoke – Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.
Strengths: Brimstone brings death from above with a range of orbital weaponry that bombards the map, creating smokescreens and damaging enemies. His abilities focus on two categories: Manipulating enemy movement and dealing damage. Brimstone contains enemies using smokes and incendiaries, while relying on his signature and ultimate moves to remove threats.
How To Play Him: Drop Brimstone’s Stim Beacon at the beginning of a round to boost your team’s rate of fire and snag a couple of easy frags. Be wary of where you place the beacon though, as it’s area of effect benefits opponents, too. Sky Smoke is effective for blocking off portions of the bombsites when taking and re-taking. This makes it harder for the enemy team to see you and reduces the corners you need to clear.
Sage creates safety for herself and her team wherever she goes. Able to revive fallen friends and stave off forceful assaults, she provides a calm center to a hellish battlefield.
- Slow Orb – Cast out an orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
- Barrier Orb – Conjures a large impassable wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
- Signature Ability: Healing Orb – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Ultimate: Resurrection– Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
Strengths: Sage is Valorant’s resident medic, able to revive downed allies and impair enemy movements. As a support agent she demands a patient playstyle that keeps her alive for as long as possible. Her abilities largely dictate that she remains behind cover, but she can create her own in times of need.
How To Play Her: Don’t waste Sage’s Barrier Orb by placing it as soon as the round begins. Commit to using it once you know roughly where the enemy team is heading. Also, coordinate with other members of the team to combine Sage’s Slow Orb with another ability, such as an incendiary or poison cloud.
Omen hunts in the shadows. He renders enemies blind, teleports across the field, then lets paranoia take hold as foes scramble to uncover where it might strike next.
- Paranoia – Launch a shadow clone in a straight line that inflicts anyone it touches with blindness.
- Shadow Walk – After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Signature Ability: Dark Cover – Cast out a stealthed orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.
Strengths: Omen likes to play mind games by teleporting around the map to strike and blind enemies. This agent has a well-rounded set of tools with which to sneak around the map, then pops up to surprise opponents in strange places.
How To Play Him: Shadow Walk is handy if you’re caught on either side of a long stretch of the map opposite a sniper, as it enables you to cross over safely without having to dodge a shot. You can also use Paranoia to blind someone around a corner and secure a snappy kill.
- Aftershock – Equip a Fusion Charge. Fire the charge to set a slow-activing burst through a wall. The bust does heavy damage to anyone caught in the area.
- Flashpoint – Equip a blinding charge. Fire the charge to set a fast-acting burst through a wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it.
- Signature Ability: Fault Lines – Equip a seismic blast. Hold Fire to increase the distance. Release to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone in a line up to the zone.
- Rolling Thunder – Equip a seismic charge. Fire to send a cascading quake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
Strengths: Breach is a seismic force on his team that specializes in disorienting foes with attacks that ignore walls. He can minimize the dangers of pushing onto bombsites by stunning and blinding opponents. His Aftershock ability also helps to clear corners by either forcing an enemy out, or outright eliminating them.
How To Play Him: This agent’s abilities are designed to complement the rest of the team; Breach isn’t much of a solo hero. Coordinating with your team is essential as some of these abilities damage allies if they’re standing too close. Ability indicators are displayed on the minimap to ensure you always place them accurately. When playing on Bind, use Fault Line to guide your team safely through the teleporter.
- Blast Pack – Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-Use the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Boom Bot – Equip a Boom Bot. Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- Signature Ability: Paint Shells – Equip a cluster grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
- Ultimate Ability: Showstopper – Equip a rocket launcher. Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
Strengths: Raze is a demolitions specialist who’s the perfect choice for those who are good at anticipating enemy movements, and punishing them.
How To Play Her: While the Blast Pack ability can deal damage, it’s more valuable as a boost to get you to high ground faster. The element of surprise is actually far more damaging to your opponent in most cases. Raze’s Showstopper ultimate is loud, so limit its use to when you’re sure an enemy is cornered.